2013 background 2

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Tough Week Ahead...

Although this is my 2nd posting, I am now starting to feel at home. Which is a little unusual since I have never been one of those people that kept a journal or liked to write about myself period. Blogging has a relaxing feel to it.

So this week will be a tad stressful for me as I am giving up carbs for lent...starchy carbs to be exact! So for the first 2 weeks I might be a little cranky or a little happy, we will see. This will be the first time in my life that I will not eat potatoes, rice, bread, chips (I love my trader joes BBQ chips :0( , tortillas, and basically anything that has starchy carbs in it! Why did I choose this to give up for 40 days, because I have never done it before and thought this would be a good start to see if I can do it. In the past I have given up caffene, sweets, meats, & dairy. So I thought why not give this a try. Then to top it off I am still in the mist of finding a job.

I am not sure what God has in store for my life or anyones life for that matter, but he never gives us something we can't handle or so much that it becomes overwhelming. I'm reminded of life and death today since a friend told me her grandfather commited suicide. Life takes us through paths that we would never imagine or want. Yet God has a different plan with every ones of us. Its soothing and at the same time it can make you mad.

No comments: