2013 background 2

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thoughts of Interest.


I have not dedicated the time to write down what has been happening in my life, nor have I been able to get a clear picture of what plan should be in place by now to get my own business in gear. I have had a busy summer and still have too much planned this month! This month is family BBQ's, city garage sell, court BBQ, volunteer work, social event for networking, and then the month finally ends for more chaos next month. I am in a little bit of disbelief that the year is almost over! The Year has gone by too quickly! Before you know it the holidays are just around the corner, and I think this year Thanksgiving items are on the shelves first!


Volunteering - I am the Treasurer for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), and hopefully, I will start volunteering for the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). I absolutely love working in Fraud, and having the ability think outside of the box, is fun for me! I have not decided if I would like to have a Forensic Accounting Certificate or what other certificates will benefit me in the long haul. I like to have things that will benefit my family as well as myself. There is no use in getting a degree or certification if it is not used to its benefit. I should think about it more or if you have suggestions please let me know!

Scrapbooking - I often think about creating my own blog/webpage/business for scrapbooking. Although I am not that good, yet, I think there is a need to create a webpage that has a list of scrapbooking companies, places to look for employment, where/how to start scrapbooking, the basics, etc. There seems to be a lot of information on the subject but scattered information or too much which can be overwhelming to the beginner. I am trying my hardest to finish a couple of pages from this years trips and family gatherings but with everything else going on it seems near impossible to get completed. The ideas are endless but I would like to get into something before the industry gets too large to manage, like personal/professional networking links.

Being a Mom - I love being a mom although the terrible two's have definitely kicked in and I am beside myself sometimes at the absurd tantrums that occur in this household! Its amazing of how much you can see part of yourself in your child when they finally start to grow up and explore on their own. Then there are times you wish they would take after your significant other than yourself! But being a mom does test you as a parent, make you realize your faults, lets you appreciate life, know the real meaning of unconditional love, and allows you to learn along with your child. Without my daughter I might not have developed into a better person, and with her I have learn so much in so little time!

2 comments:

  1. Hello !! I love what you have written about you being a mom, I am also a mom of a 23 months .
    I want to encourage you to post your scrapbook pages!!you must have so many pic of you dd to scrap!!.
    I am also a new blogger and a pretty new scrapper and I love it!! !!
    See you around!!
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so Much for your Visit!!!! I Wish you'll post you scrapbooking pages!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete